Robert H. Lustig, M.D., M.S.L.
is Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He specializes in the field of neuroendocrinology, with an emphasis on the regulation of energy balance by the central nervous system. His research and clinical practice has focused on childhood obesity and diabetes. Dr. Lustig holds a Bachelor’s in Science from MIT, a Doctorate in Medicine from Cornell University. Medical College, and a Master’s of Studies in Law from U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Dr. Lustig has fostered a global discussion of metabolic health and nutrition, exposing some of the leading myths that underlie the current pandemic of diet-related disease. He believes the food business, by pushing processed food loaded with sugar, has hacked our bodies and minds to pursue pleasure instead of happiness; fostering today’s epidemics of addiction and depression. Yet by focusing on real food, we can beat the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease.
Naturalizer Womens Kepler Leather Closed Toe Ankle, Grey Size 6.0 7mnn Leather, owypes3347-Boots
Dr. Lustig’s new book is The Hacking of the American Mind.
You’ve heard of the ‘fog of war’? What about the ‘fog of food’? Can you wade through the flood of the soft drinks aisle? Or through the tundra of the frozen food aisle? Can you extricate yourself from the debris in the chips aisle? We lost 50,000 lives in Vietnam. But we lose hundreds of thousands every year from the damage done in the supermarket.
- Gentlemen/Ladies Demonia Emily-306 Platform Shoes - Gothic,Goth,Punk,Black,Buckle Elegant appearance At a lower price Sales online store
- Toni Pons Lugano Tobacco Vintage Fabric Espadrille Wedge Sandal
- Hermes Ivory Canvas and black leather trim wedges w logo 38 / 7.5
- Sperry Womens Calla Jade Leather Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals
- Badgley Mischka Carlotta Gold Metallic Suede Ankle Strap Sandal Size 7M RH13650/
- Skechers Cali Womens Bohemian Arrow Lil Bloom Platform Dress Sandal
- PUMA FIERCE evoKNIT Women Sneakers (7.5 M, PEACOAT/WHITE)
- New Nike Men's Lunar Magista II FK FC Shoes Black/White 876385-001 Sz 10.5
- Vans SK8 Hi Autumn Glaze/True White Men's Classic Skate Shoes Size 10.5
- NIB Adidas Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Basketball Crazy 8 White Sneakers S85114 sz 12.5
- MENS ADIDAS "Derrick Rose" D ROSE 773 III FTW WHITE / BLACK / FTW WHITE SZ 10.5
- NEW Nike Tennis Classic Ultra Mid ROGER FEDERER WHEAT TAN FLAX 888566-700 sz 7
- Man's/Woman's NIKE AIR FORCE size 11 Online Shopping Elegant and sturdy packaging Modern and elegant
- Men/Women NEW BALANCE MSX90PNC BURGUNDY/OCHRE Moderate price Optimal price Outstanding style
- Nike air max Graviton size 11.5 basketball shoes new with box
- Air Jordan 12 Retro CNY GG - 881428 142
- Reebok Trainex 6 Inch Waterproof Puncture Resistant Sport Boot Size 13 W
- Sperry Top-Sider 0532473 Ankle Boot Men's A/O Sports Black Grey Size 11 USA.
- CONVERSE Men Size All Star Shoes Low Top Fashion Sneakers Canvas Pink Medium
- FootJoy Men Brown Leather Brogue Longwing Wingtip Tassel Loafer US 8.5D 75424
- New Diesel Shoes Men Diesel S-FURRY CORAL BLUE Sneakers Authentic Diesel Y01462
- Johnston & Murphy Black Oxford Aristocraft Made In USA Shoes size 8.5 D Leather
- Men's Floral Print Slip On Loafers Business Formal Party Wedding Leather Shoes
- Mizuno Wave Rider 20 Running Shoes-Women's size 7 Blue
- New Balance WZ501WXC Womens 501 Fashion Sneaker- Choose SZ/Color.
- Authentic GUESS Janis2 6.5 Black Multi Fabric Flat Fashion Sneakers Walking Gym
- PUMA 18949903 Womens Enzo WNs Sneaker- Choose SZ/Color.
- Tretorn Women's Nylite Bold Platform Classic Sneakers
Sugar is now the most ubiquitous foodstuff worldwide, and has been added to virtually every processed food, limiting consumer choice and the ability to avoid it. Approximately 80 percent of the 6,000,000 consumer packaged foods in the United States have added caloric sweeteners.
Sugar’s not dangerous because of its calories, or because it makes you fat. Sugar is dangerous because it’s sugar. It’s not nutrition. When consumed in excess, it’s a toxin. And it’s addictive.
There is nothing that will improve your health, your well-being, your achievement, your sense of accomplishment, your sense of community, and the health and happiness of your family as much as cooking yourself and enjoying a meal with others.
What’s the difference between marketing and propaganda?
The food industry has propagandized the last 40 years of nutritional information.
They got rich, and we got sick.
Time to embrace the real science of real food.